Anyone used a buyers agent?

Melbpom

Has anyone used a buyers agent to purchase property in the UK while in OZ? I've asked rellies to view a couple of properties for me but for a variety of reasons I'm beginning to think I need a more professional approach. Would love to know if an agent has worked for other people?

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes, we did. It really did work out well for us. Our agent worked differently to others we contacted in that she didn't charge us a penny instead they claimed 50% of the listing agents fee. I was sceptical at first thinking she would only look at agents who shared their commission but she didn't. When we narrowed it down to a handful we flew from Melbourne to Cairns and she arranged all the viewings and picked us up and showed us around. She also told us how much people had originally paid for the property, if they had a mortgage outstanding on it and what she thought we should offer. We saved a fortune.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, VERYSTORMY said:

Never heard of such a thing. I would be very scared of buying what I hadn't seen. Houses are very subjective

With so much details available online and google maps allowing you to virtually walk down a road, I think it's doable especially if you have rellies close by to take a quick look over.

Guest The Pom Queen
On 30/03/2017 at 5:05 PM, Melbpom said:

With so much details available online and google maps allowing you to virtually walk down a road, I think it's doable especially if you have rellies close by to take a quick look over.

You can still be left disappointed. The house we did use one for my hubby didn't see it until we had completed. He was disappointed with the house itself but loved the location. I feel if he had seen the house first we may not have moved there.