457 visa how much money does it state you have to bring to Australia?

jules72

Once a 457 visa is granted, is there an amount of money that the applicant is expected to bring with them to the Queensland area to support themselves etc? I know with permanent visas some states can requested to see evidence of $50,000. Anyone know what it may be for a temporary 457 please?

Once a 457 visa is granted, is there an amount of money that the applicant is expected to bring with them to the Queensland area to support themselves etc? I know with permanent visas some states can requested to see evidence of $50,000. Anyone know what it may be for a temporary 457 please?

There is no amount specified. You can get off the plane without a cent to your name if thats how you wish to arrive.

There's no amount as this is only a temporary visa and at the end of the four years, you return to the UK, so there's no expectancy on you at all in that respect.

Archived