Snail mail

ScottieGirl

I have been sending correspondence back and forth the the UK. I needed to get some documents back quickly so paid $41 for the express service advertised at 2 - 4 working days. It took 10. It was tracked , 3 days to get from Sydney to Coventry then another 7 to get to Glasgow. The two responses both sent airmail took 20 days and 21 days to get from Glasgow to Sydney - 3 letters no more than 2 pages of A4 paper. In my best Victor Meldrew voice "I don't believe it" . Soooo frustrating

I have been sending correspondence back and forth the the UK. I needed to get some documents back quickly so paid $41 for the express service advertised at 2 - 4 working days. It took 10. It was tracked , 3 days to get from Sydney to Coventry then another 7 to get to Glasgow. The two responses both sent airmail took 20 days and 21 days to get from Glasgow to Sydney - 3 letters no more than 2 pages of A4 paper. In my best Victor Meldrew voice "I don't believe it" . Soooo frustrating

The mail service has definitely been getting slower and slower over the years. Years ago, I used to post a letter from Sydney to my Mum in Scotland on a Monday morning and she would have it by the Thursday or Friday - one time she received it on the Wednesday!! :swoon:

I am finding letters from oz are taking far less time than me sending from UK.

Christmas i sent cards from Manchester on 9 Dec they arrived on 5 Jan. Cards sent 8 Dec from Melbourne arrived on 22 Dec.

My late grandmothers birth certificate (tracked) arrived in lhr and never made it to manchester.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived