Temporary Sydney rental for myself and two cats

JKB

I am arriving in Sydney on 1 April and am able to stay with family, my two 11 month old cats are scheduled to be arriving in Sydney on 9 April. Unfortunately the building my family stays in doesn't allow pets and after staying in a cattery in the UK, a flight to Melbourne, quarantine and another flight to Sydney I am loathe to put them into another cattery.

Does anyone have any links or ideas as to temporary accommodation in the Manly, Fairlight, Queenscliff area that would accommodate myself and my moggies whilst I look for a longer term rental. I should add they are indoor cats having only known my 1 bedroom flat in London and would continue to be so in Sydney. Alternatively can anyone recommend a really good cattery in that area?

Apartments in Sydney have strict rules round animals, and specify the number allowed. Most short term lets are serviced aparments and don't take animals. Stayz is predominantly holiday homes alternatively use AirBnB. If you can't find anything Hanrob hanrob.com.au is near to the airport and used by the pet transport companies. Since your moggies will be in quarantine for 10 days it shouldn't be too long before you find a long term rental

Thank you all for the suggestions, I am now on the waiting list for both catteries - completely forgot it was Easter time and places are booked up already. Fingers crossed I find something soon, might even consider using a relocation agent to find a flat for me (shudder at the cost though).

I have 2 dogs and looked for a rental place last year. I found one within a couple of weeks. Both realestate.com.au and domain.com.au allow you to filter searches for rental properties by pets allowed. You will have less choice but you will get something. If all else fails on the catteries ask quarantine whether you can extend the stay until after easter, its only a few days extra so won't be too expensive/stressful for the moggies