Laptop tekkies

Guest Rbecca

I have almost decided to buy a laptop here before leaving for Oz in Feb. I will need one between handing in my works one and leaving for Oz. If I buy one here I can get the technician at school to put on lots of schooly stuff.

Anyway I looked at dell who had been recommended by a few people but today I found a COMPAQ C350 for £550 (Intel Duo, 1024 MB RAM 120GB hard drive HD brightscreen, Microsoft Windows Media, 128MB graphics and so on). When I put together a Dell with the same specifications it was well over £800. Does anyone have any knowledge of this laptop or other recommendations?

Thanks

Rebecca

We had the same dilema.. we opted not but one here in Aus but instantly regretted it because they are so much more expensive here and I ended up askng hubby to bring one from Korea.

Has the model you are thinking of getting got bluetooth? and all the zips and buttons?

I got sick of dithering and bought the Compaq laptop today. After much haggling (polite enquiry and production of advert from Dixons on line) I got a reduction of . . .£20.

It has almost every invention known to laptop-kind except firewire and I cant see me doing much digital video editing.

It gets upgraded automatically (ie they send you the disk) to Widows vista in Jan so I expect that's good.

It doesn't have Microsoft word and I use that all the time so I'll hopefully find a friend who can sort that out asap.

Thank goodness I finally did something since I am sick of internet researching.

Thanks for the reassurance about buying a laptop here though.

Rebecca

Archived