Applying Visit visa with a dependent Child requires individual application for each person ?

henryolonga

Hello to all,

My wife has already applied for a 309 partner visa in which I am the sponsor (i.e. "Holds 190 visa"). Now she has plans to apply for visit visa for herself and our child.

While applying online for a visit visa 600, she mentioned that she will be travelling with her child (subject to the grant of visit visa) (i.e. "Accompanied by a family member who is NOT a permanent resident or citizen of Australia").

However, when the online screen appeared for payment options, it appears/seems that the visit visa fee mentioned on the screen was for one person only (i.e. "main applicant which is my wife").

Does it mean that ONLY INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION CAN BE APPLIED BY MOTHER AND CHILD ? OR is there a mistake made in filling out the online forms ?

Please help with your valuable comments.

I would appreciate your feedback in this regard.

Regards,

Henry

Hello to all,

Currently, my wife has applied for a 309 partner visa.

While applying online for a visit visa 600, she mentioned that she will be travelling with her child (Accompanied by a family member who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Australia).

However, when the online screen appeared for payment options, it appears/seems that the visit visa fee mentioned on the screen was for one person.

Does it mean that ONLY INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION CAN BE APPLIED BY MOTHER AND CHILD ? OR is there a mistake made in filling out the online forms ?

Please help with your valuable comments.

I would appreciate your feedback in this regard.

Regards,

Henry

A tourist visa is only for one person, you cannot include dependents. The child will need his/her own visa.

A tourist visa is only for one person, you cannot include dependents. The child will need his/her own visa.

Bundles of thanks for the quick response.

It means that for the child we need to apply a separate new application. Please correct me if I am wrong as below:

The mum will have the following three applications in her immigration account :

1) 309 application already lodged with child as dependent (If visa is granted, it will be granted for both persons (i.e. "The mother and the child")

2) 600 visa application for mother.

3) 600 visa application for child.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Henry

Bundles of thanks for the quick response.

It means that for the child we need to apply a separate new application. Please correct me if I am wrong as below:

The mum will have the following three applications in her immigration account :

1) 309 application already lodged with child as dependent (If visa is granted, it will be granted for both persons (i.e. "The mother and the child")

2) 600 visa application for mother.

3) 600 visa application for child.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Henry

Could you please also provide some feedback about the screen which asks for travelling companion as below:

"Travelling companions

Are there any other persons travelling with the applicant to Australia?"

Do we need to mention the name of child for this question ? OR Do we need to mention my information (i.e. "I am also planning to travel with her, although I have 190 visa")

Thanks,

Regards,

Henry

Archived