How much do u need to set up

reubs2016

Depends on you, how you spend, live, where you are moving to exactly, if you have a job lined up or not, travel time to job and if you could manage with one car instead of two... so many things really, everyone is different.

If you don't have a job lined up I'd say 6 months of your current income.

If you do have a job then it depends if you are shipping everything but you will need at least one month holiday rental so say $3000, you will need one months rental up front and a deposit so maybe $5000

Assuming you don't ship your car you'll need to replace that - second hand cars are more expensive and I think we spent close to $3000

I'd allow maybe $1000 for things you need before your shipment arrives and lifestyle differences (you might want to buy a BBQ for example, beach wear (rashies are essential for kids) etc)

From the decision to migrate until 9 months after arrival we spent £70k but I know we were extravagant & that included a reccie, all agent/visa fees, shipping, flights, two months in temp accommodation, shipping a 40ft container, buying two cars (the second one was $18k I think) & so on.

People arrive with $10k and survive but I would only do that if you have a job to go to.

Visas will be $7200

Medicals best part of £1000

Police checks not much

flights about £2000

Shipping about £5000

Temp accommodation for say a month £2000

Bond and first months rent, based on Perth about £2000 for average family house

Misc purchases £1000

car - second hand £2000

then, one of the big ones is living until you find a job. Allow a minimum of 3 months and ideally 6 months, which would be rent, household bills, food, petrol and day to day living. Say £6000 if you are very careful

i believe you are an electrician, you would need to re train in Oz. The requirements vary by state but normally include some courses and allow £1500.

Then there will be misc things like school uniforms / requirements, allow maybe £1000