Australian TV to the UK

MelanieJS

I bought my Samsung Smart TV (series 6) back to the UK from Australia.

Do you know if I can use it in the UK?

Does anyone know how to change the location settings or do I have to change the DNS settings?

I can still watch the Smart Hub online channels All 4/ITV Hub/BBC iplayer etc., it just won't allow me to tune in UK channels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sounds about right. The tuner in the AU TV will not decode the signals sent in the UK, making if pretty much defunct.

Options:

Sky or Virgin Media or the like.

Freeview box

Be done with standard TV and cable and get hooked on Netflix, Amazon Prime and the like.

Some countries sell the TV's with an option to reprogram them to another country, unfortunately the UK and AU are not part of this.

Did you research this before hand? DNS settings will have NO effect on the free to air signal, this is only relevant to your network settings and then the DNS settings are set by your ISP.

The tuner will be a different frequency. Need to do what evets suggested above. Decode the digital signals through a separate device (Sky/Virgin/freeview box) and use your TV as a monitor only. I think I read somewhere that Germany and Australia use the same technology, but UK and Aus don't.