Mobile Phone Contract - rocky, Brisbane

Lisababy

Broadly speaking contract options are: bring your own device, 12 months or 24 months. An alternative for you could also be prepaid.

If you plan to live in regoinal Queensland, as I do, I would suggest that your only realistic option is a Blue Tick phone from Telstra. This will give you much better coverage than none Blue Tick phones.

All other providers will claim that they service regoinal Australia, but in reality, despite being very difficult to deal with, only Telstra offer the coverage that you will need.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Edited by ChrisH1

Vodafone have a very good deal at the moment, was on news the other night and although people moan about their coverage when I lived up that way I never had a problem....I've gone with Telstra now though as I was travelling around a lot and they are best for overall coverage but bit more expensive. There are phone stores in all the major shopping centres so you just need to pick one.

Been in Australia about 6 weeks now. I started on Optus but I found the coverage frustrating at times. I switched to Woolworths mobile and it's been awesome. This is pay as you go/pre pay, not a contract. It's using the telstra network and the coverage has been noticeably better. It's the $45 plan but with the woolworths card it's only $40.50 a month and that's with unlimited calls and texts in Australia, 8gb of data - 16 in the first month and it has rollover, $100 credit for other stuff like int. txt and crucially for me unlimited calls to Canada, USA, UK and 7 other countries. It's absolutely awesome. Additionally I was able to get the SIM package half price - $22.50 for the first month as they seem to be clearing out the different SIM packages and going with just the one starter SIM package. Some woolworths still have them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That's interesting I've found Optus resellers better than Telstra in Brisbane and surrounds. Currently with Aldi (telstra) but tempted to switch to Coles (Optus).

Not sure why anyone wants phone contracts now, you can pick up good phones cheap and great sim only plans.

I would buy a cheap $29 PAYG phone to use until you get to rocky. Telstra is the only one that does decent coverage in my area , so Rocky may be similar in some work better than others and it would be silly to sign up for a 12 mth contract, then realise when you get to rocky that its always dropping out and not much good.

Agree with the Blue Tick phones someone mentioned, they gave great coverage in outter city areas.

Cal x