Primary schools in Mandurah?

Guest Lou66

Guest Lou66

Hi

We're moving to mandurah at end of October and considering moving to Halls Head. We have 2 children ella 4 and tom 8. My main concern is the schools available and their reputation. I've had a look at the education websites but its difficult to get a real feel for the schools. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Louisa

Guest annie0

Hi Louisa,

There are three primary schools on Halls Head, Glencoe, Halls Head primary and Living waters Lutheran, all of these schools have a good reputation and are all quite close to each other.

When you arrive here you can go look at the schools and see which one you think would suit the needs of your child.

You will have to be staying within the catchment area of these schools in order to get your child enroled, but if your staying on the island (Halls Head) it shouldnt be a problem.

Ann

Guest Lou66

Hi Ann

Thanks for all the advice. You hear different stories about private and public schools there.

I am obviously concerned about how Tom, my son (7) will find school at the moment he is not at all keen on going to live in Australia and it tends to take a while for him to feel comfortable in a new place. I feel a bit guilty as at the moment he is very settled at school.

I was wondering how Halls Head area as a whole is for kids anf families?

Thanks again

Louisa

Hi Louisa,

There are three primary schools on Halls Head, Glencoe, Halls Head primary and Living waters Lutheran, all of these schools have a good reputation and are all quite close to each other.

When you arrive here you can go look at the schools and see which one you think would suit the needs of your child.

You will have to be staying within the catchment area of these schools in order to get your child enroled, but if your staying on the island (Halls Head) it shouldnt be a problem.

Ann

Guest annie0

Hi Louisa,

I think Halls Head is a lot better than Mandurah town centre to be honest, Halls Head is quiet area you have the estuary on one side and beaches on the other, best of both worlds really, the town is only a five minute drive to the main shopping centre and all the other places like the café strip and the marina and another five minute drive to Greenfield’s there is what I would call an industrial area and more shops so I hope you can drive not too clever with the buses here.

On Halls Head there are individual areas that make up the island, you have Halls Head, Falcon, Wannanup, and north bovard which is a new area, on the other side of the free way you have Erskine and Miami area before you cross the bridge to Davesville.

Everyone has there own comfort zones and I am sure you son will fit right in when it comes to school, schooling here is more relaxed than it is in the u.k. so I wouldn’t go worrying too much kids seem to adapt quicker and easier than us adults, I know my two settled right in quicker than we did but they were a little older than your kids, never the less its is still a worry when is comes to your children.

October is a good time for you to come that way its not too hot and makes it easier for you to adjust to the heat of the summer months.

At least your son will be in school for just over a month before school breaks up for the summer holidays which is the 19th of December that way he can have time to make new friends and settle.

I am a little bias about Halls Head I love it here, it offers so much for the young kids and in the summer time there is plenty to do and see and there is always something going on, on the foreshore most weekends, in the winter it does get a little quieter as Mandurah is like a holiday town in the summer months so it can be very busy.

Hope this gives you a little help and insight to the area.

All the best

Ann

Guest Lou66

Hi Ann

Just to say thanks again for all the information, its been really helpful.

Best Wishes

Louisa

Hi Louisa,

I think Halls Head is a lot better than Mandurah town centre to be honest, Halls Head is quiet area you have the estuary on one side and beaches on the other, best of both worlds really, the town is only a five minute drive to the main shopping centre and all the other places like the café strip and the marina and another five minute drive to Greenfield’s there is what I would call an industrial area and more shops so I hope you can drive not too clever with the buses here.

On Halls Head there are individual areas that make up the island, you have Halls Head, Falcon, Wannanup, and north bovard which is a new area, on the other side of the free way you have Erskine and Miami area before you cross the bridge to Davesville.

Everyone has there own comfort zones and I am sure you son will fit right in when it comes to school, schooling here is more relaxed than it is in the u.k. so I wouldn’t go worrying too much kids seem to adapt quicker and easier than us adults, I know my two settled right in quicker than we did but they were a little older than your kids, never the less its is still a worry when is comes to your children.

October is a good time for you to come that way its not too hot and makes it easier for you to adjust to the heat of the summer months.

At least your son will be in school for just over a month before school breaks up for the summer holidays which is the 19th of December that way he can have time to make new friends and settle.

I am a little bias about Halls Head I love it here, it offers so much for the young kids and in the summer time there is plenty to do and see and there is always something going on, on the foreshore most weekends, in the winter it does get a little quieter as Mandurah is like a holiday town in the summer months so it can be very busy.

Hope this gives you a little help and insight to the area.

All the best

Ann

Archived