457 nomination application + Visa application lodge same time ?

acc0101

Hi all~

My 417 WH visa will expire on Fed. The company finally decided to offer me a 457, but usually the nomination approval will take 3~4 months... and that means my 417 WH visa will expire before the nomination approval result.

It is possible to lodge the nomination application + Visa application at the same time? and i can get the bridge Visa to help me to stay and wait for the 457 result.

PS: The company already nominating 1 staff, but with different job title.

Thanks all.

Yes, you can lodge your application immediately after the 457 nomination has been lodged. The upside is that it may speed the overall process along as your application will already be in the queue for processing. The downside is if the nomination is refused, it may mean your application is refused if the nomination can't be redone quickly.

If you lodge the 457 application while in Australia, you'd get a bridging visa that allows you to remain in Australia (and working for your employer) beyond the expiry of your 417.