Question re dependent child on a parent visa application

Tulip1

I would be very grateful if someone could help with an issue I have. I am shortly going to make an application for a contributory parent visa and intend adding my 16 year old son onto it. I have had a quick look at the application form which requires me to send a statutory declaration from my son's father giving permission for him to be added. My problem is he won't do one. I have seen on here that a 16 year old can get something from the court to say they wish to be included and that is enough. I understand the wait time on the visa is between 2 and 3 years so my son will be 18 before the visa is issued anyway so my question is can I apply without the declaration and maybe enclose a letter explaining about my son being over 18 some time before the application is processed or will that not suffice. If not, does anyone know what I need from what court saying my son wishes to be added and is this enough? How would I go about this?

Thank you