Citizenship

beach pig

Hi guys can I sit the citizenship test in London UK then fly back for the ceremony as I need to go back to UK urgently as my 19 yr marriage has hit the wall and will soon be homeless.and my elderly mum isn't doing too well so it would be nice too see her after being in SA for 9 yrs this January cheers all.

I very much doubt it as part of your declaration is your commitment to Australia, any whiff that you don't intend to stay and your application may not be approved.

From applying to the interview & test is a short period, you can then leave on your British passport and return for the ceremony, although do bear in mind the ceremony could be at very short notice. Our shire generally gave around a months notice but if there are cancellations you could be brought forward.

Also you are supposed to tell them of any planned periods out of Australia on your application.

I would sit tight until your test, not tell them about any plans to leave (don't book anything!) & then unexpectedly & urgently have to return to see your mum. I assume that your wife would advise you when your invite for the ceremony came? You couldn't provide an overseas address for the invitation.

Archived