Bridging visa C

Danielle9

It's looking very likely that I'll have to withdraw my 187 nomination and visa and resubmit which I believe will put my partner and I on to a BVC as we are already on a BVA since our WHV expired.

I've seen online that BVC doesn't come with full work rights without providing financial hardship but what is actually classed as financial hardship? Since we'll be paying another visa fee and with the 187 currently taking around 6-8 months to process we can't afford to pay rent and buy food, bills etc without working but worried they'll look at our bank balance and refuse it.

Will a statement from our employers stating they need us to work help with getting the work rights? Does anybody have any experience/tips in this area that they can share?

TIA

Read it again. :wink:

I have just read it and it states if you are applying for one on the skill select visas, like the 187, then BVC will have work rights.

Thank you for clearing that up! It was actually my migration agent that told me if I withdraw my nomination and visa I'll go to a bridging visa C without work rights I did a quick scan online and obviously misread it and believed the MA.

Everybody makes mistakes I suppose but myself and my employer have been worried about this all week how frustrating! Never mind it could be worse I suppose!

Now my MA also told me that it's not possible to link visa applications to new nomination applications, let's hope she was also wrong about that and I'll save paying out another $5,400!