Can I get the tax back?

Guest roxyliu

Guest roxyliu

I've just got a SNOOPER SAPPHIRE S270 on line. I heard that tax may be turned back when shopping online sometime. So I just wondering if I can get my tax back. And please tell me how if it would be possible. Thanks a lot!

I am not quite sure if I follow you - if you are in Aus and you order this, then, sending it to an Aus address, the UK distributor should not add VAT to the order. However, when they send it to Aus and it looks as if it is a commercial purchase the chances are you will have to pay duty on it when it arrives here. AFAIK that's it, you dont get to claim that tax back off anyone unless (possibly) you leave Aus within 30 days (I know that applies to items with GST but not sure about other import taxes)

If you are in UK and you order it and then you leave UK, within a certain time frame (someone will know - is it 30 days like Aus?) then you can apply to have the VAT refunded. However because it is brand new to you and if you are coming to Aus then you would have to declare it when you entered the country (well, you should do) and could be liable for duty when you get here.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question though.

Guest roxyliu

Thank you for reply. It's my fault that I didn't tell so clear.I'm in AUS, but I order the UK distributor to send it to my friend, who is living in UK. He's coming to AUS next month, and then, could bring me this. So I asked the question, just hoping that maybe I can take my tax back. Now I have a brief idea about it. Thanks again^^

Thank you for reply. It's my fault that I didn't tell so clear.I'm in AUS, but I order the UK distributor to send it to my friend, who is living in UK. He's coming to AUS next month, and then, could bring me this. So I asked the question, just hoping that maybe I can take my tax back. Now I have a brief idea about it. Thanks again^^

If it is sent to a UK address then it will have the VAT on it but I think he can claim back the VAT if he is a non EU resident who has not been in the country for more than 1 year see here Reclaiming VAT on Goods

If he is a UK resident then he wont be able to claim back the tax unless he is leaving the EU for more than 1 year. From memory, they will credit his credit card or bank account with the amount but there may be some difficulty if the item is in your name but the name on the invoice is different. Probably just better to pay the tax!

Archived