Concern over Medical

christopherj

Hi All.... we have applied for 489 (my wife is the primary applicant) ... we submitted the medicals first week Nov... and the status is as follows...

Wife - Ok

Mine - A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical.

Son - Ok

My concern is that my BMI was 31 and Cholesterol was around 245 ... my sugar level was ok.... should we be concerned ?

Regards

Chris

Hi All.... we have applied for 489 (my wife is the primary applicant) ... we submitted the medicals first week Nov... and the status is as follows...

Wife - Ok

Mine - A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical.

Son - Ok

My concern is that my BMI was 31 and Cholesterol was around 245 ... my sugar level was ok.... should we be concerned ?

Regards

Chris

I don't think you've got anything to worry about just yet (although that Cholesterol reading looks wrong - my Doctor put me on Statins because my Cholesterol was above 5 and I'm still taking them now it's down to 3.5) but what happens is if your medical is completely normal it's recorded on the system by a clerk with no medical expertise whatsoever. If anything is out of the ordinary the clerk has to pass it on to a medical person to review and that can take an extra couple of weeks before they OK it (happened with me as I have type 1 diabetes and high blood pressure). It's also possible they'll ask for additional tests to be done (the doctor who did my medical sent all the extra test he knew they'd ask for with the original medical report) which of course means it'll take even longer but unless your medical shows something really expensive in terms of medical treatment that you're likely to need it's not going to stop you getting your visa.

Thanks for the reply.... That's a relief

I don't think you've got anything to worry about just yet (although that Cholesterol reading looks wrong - my Doctor put me on Statins because my Cholesterol was above 5 and I'm still taking them now it's down to 3.5) but what happens is if your medical is completely normal it's recorded on the system by a clerk with no medical expertise whatsoever. If anything is out of the ordinary the clerk has to pass it on to a medical person to review and that can take an extra couple of weeks before they OK it (happened with me as I have type 1 diabetes and high blood pressure). It's also possible they'll ask for additional tests to be done (the doctor who did my medical sent all the extra test he knew they'd ask for with the original medical report) which of course means it'll take even longer but unless your medical shows something really expensive in terms of medical treatment that you're likely to need it's not going to stop you getting your visa.

Archived