457 Visa Timeline Frustration

goingtoz

As you may know I am going to get 457 soon, just some quick questions about the timeline

1) first, my employer need to apply to SPONSOR me - how long does it take?

2) then my employer apply to NOMINATE me - how long does it take?

3) I am not living in an English speaking country, should I apply IELTS + Health check + Police check + buy medical insurance , after i receive the NOMINATION confirmation and my TRN? I don't feel secure to do all those before my employer confirm that they successfully nominate me.

If that's the case, everything need to be done after step 1 & 2, and it is going to take another at least an extra 1.5 months since IELTS General test is not available all the time! And the IELTS test result is only available 13 days after the test!

4) I suppose after I get all the documents i need, I then have to submit my visa 457 application using the TNR

5) Finally wait for an average 28 days for the visa granted

Is my assumption correct?

Thank you soooo much!

1) This is at least a 3 month process that requires requires meeting certain training benchmarks. Don't even worry about any of the other steps until they are an approved business sponsor.

2) Its best to submit the nomination & visa application together at the same time. make sure they are decision ready so it stops any further delays.

3) Hold off on any medicals or police or medical insurance until its requested. - These are processed differently when uploaded so wont hold up the application too much when uploaded. (Well insurance I suppose you could provide at time of application depends if you want to pay it while not in aus if you are not currently here?)

3a) I am not sure about the IELTS side of things sorry.

4) Once the companies SBS have been approved and they have nominated you then yes you can apply for the visa with the corresponding TRN.

5) Currently its 35 days from lodgement of visa, decision ready is the key.

Good Luck. ;)

As you may know I am going to get 457 soon, just some quick questions about the timeline

1) first, my employer need to apply to SPONSOR me - how long does it take?

2) then my employer apply to NOMINATE me - how long does it take?

3) I am not living in an English speaking country, should I apply IELTS + Health check + Police check + buy medical insurance , after i receive the NOMINATION confirmation and my TRN? I don't feel secure to do all those before my employer confirm that they successfully nominate me.

If that's the case, everything need to be done after step 1 & 2, and it is going to take another at least an extra 1.5 months since IELTS General test is not available all the time! And the IELTS test result is only available 13 days after the test!

4) I suppose after I get all the documents i need, I then have to submit my visa 457 application using the TNR

5) Finally wait for an average 28 days for the visa granted

Is my assumption correct?

Thank you soooo much!

If the matter is handled by a competent Agent who has assessed you, the position and the sponsor, then all three applications can be lodged at the same time. This will save alot of time. If you do it in stages it could take up to to 3 months per stage.

1) 6 to 12 weeks as an estimate.

2) If lodged after the sponsorship is approved, another 6 to 12 weeks.

3) You should do an English test as soon as possible unless you meet one of the exemptions. Health checks are not mandatory and it will depend on where you are from and where you have travelled. If health check is required it should be done immediately after lodging the visa application. Police checks are only required if you have a conviction. If you do, you should order these as soon as possible as they can take time. You will need health insurance before the application can be finalised.

4) You will need the associated nomination details before you can submit the visa.

5) It depends on many factors. I have had some take 1 day and others take 6 months. If it is straight forward and prepared properly, expect 6 to 12 weeks processing time as an average.

If time is an issue, you and your sponsor should consider professional advice.