Electrical Work In Perth

JC6723

Hi All,

I'm Just writing to try and get an idea of what the situation is like with regarding to electrician jobs in WA ideally around Perth or more importantly in my case the opportunities for electrical trade assistant roles.

I'm due to make the move in March as my prospective marriage visa was approved recently and i'm a qualified electrician in the UK i'm happy with the understanding of the process to get approved over there i'm just wondering if it's still as hard over there as what I have read about previously.

Is it best to try and get on the books with a company or go through agencies to get the work.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would be willing to maybe help with a few company names then that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I'm Just writing to try and get an idea of what the situation is like with regarding to electrician jobs in WA ideally around Perth or more importantly in my case the opportunities for electrical trade assistant roles.

I'm due to make the move in March as my prospective marriage visa was approved recently and i'm a qualified electrician in the UK i'm happy with the understanding of the process to get approved over there i'm just wondering if it's still as hard over there as what I have read about previously.

Is it best to try and get on the books with a company or go through agencies to get the work.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would be willing to maybe help with a few company names then that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey mate, seek.com.au is good for jobs. I'm in North Qld so not sure how Perth is going, mining is picking up over here so maybe Perth will follow. How's electrical work in UK? Plenty about?

Cheers that promising to hear hopefully it picks up in WA, otherwise I'll be on my way to Queensland. Around London there's loads especially as Heathrow just got the ok for a third runway and I'm pretty confident there's plenty around the rest of the country

Electrician jobs (incl TA positions) are ridiculously difficult to get in Perth. We've been here over a year and DH finally got a TA job 5 weeks ago (477 days after arriving!). He'd applied for about 100 jobs in total. The job he's got now he was told there were 150 applicants! It seems companies don't really understand the whole signing off the log book thing either, so if you do get a TA position don't expect it'll lead to your log book getting signed off in 6 months. I'd definitely recommend doing some courses when you get here to give you a few more 'tickets' - health and safety is a must for a start - at the College of Electrical Training. I've heard there's more work over on the East Coast - NSW have still got Electricians on their shortage list for Sydney, and word of mouth says that there's more work available on the Gold Coast. If you do come to Perth, be prepared for the long haul looking for work - it can be quite dispiriting. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived