Partner visa checklist

Kezzles

quick questions everyone,

I am gathering all my papers for the Partner visa 820. It says for ID I need a passport and birth certificate showing both parents names. I have passport but only have short version of my birth cert which doesnt show my parents names. Your personal documents

Your identity

• Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
  • Two recent passport-sized photographs (45 mm x 35 mm) of each person included in the application.
    • These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
    • Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.

[*]A certified copy of your birth certificate showing both parents' names. If you do not have a birth certificate and are unable to get one, you must provide a certified copy of the identification pages of at least one of the following documents:

• family book showing both parents' names
    • identification document issued by the government
    • court-issued documents that verify your identity.

[*]A national identity card if you have one.

[*]If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.

• I dont have these but what else could I provide as per the line below?
    If you are unable to provide any of these documents, you must provide other acceptable evidence that you are who you claim to be

• Also do i need both Australaian and UK police checks? been here 2.5 years

thanks
    Kez

Edited by Kezzles

I think you would find the easiest thing is to apply for the full birth certificate, very simple and quick. I would doubt anything else would be accepted from a UK candidate as they would know this is readily obtainable.

You will need police checks from Australia and UK.

I think you would find the easiest thing is to apply for the full birth certificate, very simple and quick. I would doubt anything else would be accepted from a UK candidate as they would know this is readily obtainable.

You will need police checks from Australia and UK.

thanks Bungo! Ill get onto it now.