need to ship house from brisbane to melbourne, as can't find a job!

99redballs

hi, our house contents are still in the port being processed through quarantine as we speak. we've been here 8 weeks and we have had no joy finding jobs.we have looked at Melbourne and in 1 day my husband has managed to secure 3 job interviews in his field of printing, his also been told that the job agent can find him a job tomorrow!. so we have decided to move down to Melbourne and so incur the extra cost of moving house again!

I have had one quote of over $3k, which, seems excessive considering they just need to pick it up and move it mel with no packing involved. Im still waiting on our original deliverers in brisbane to give us a cost, which should just be for the extra millage, as unpacking was already quoted and paid for in original moving cost from UK.

I don't mind if they don't unpack, as id rather do that myself anyway.

I have had one quote of over $3k, which, seems excessive considering they just need to pick it up and move it mel with no packing involved.

In an earlier thread this month a poster mentioned that they had been quoted $2000 to move their household furniture from Sydney to Melbourne (also, I'm assuming, already packed as they had been OS for a year). So that would be on a par with your Brisbane - MEL quote.

Archived