Pr visa granted yessss!!! Looking for a mechanic job in Queensland.

Bakerz

Hi this is my first thread just to say that our long process of pr skilled visa has been accepted and we are now looking for a job in Queensland.

I am a qualified technician at Mercedes / Mitsubishi Fuso commercial dealer in the uk working on heavy truck and also van.

Looking for heavy technician role preferably in a dealership but am open to other prospects as I did my first 10 years working on cars van and truck on many different makes and models eg Land Rover ford iveco Mazda Peugeot vw etc.

We would like to be near the coast sunshine or gold but will consider other areas.

Also wondered if anyone else has got to this stage and do we apply for a job first or sell up everything(no house to sell just cars bike boat etc) and best way to get tools shipped as I would need them asap if a job was accepted.

The pr took so long and now it is all go and we are very happy.

I am moving with my wife and two kids 6year and 8month old.

so much to do, hope to hear any other situations similar and what happens after also if there are any jobs in Queensland to suit.

Hi,

I can't comment on Queensland as we're in Melbourne, but my hubby is a mechanic. He started by contacting a few places who had advertised on the jobsites but also contacting dealerships directly, stating the date we were arriving in Australia, sent CV etc. The majority replied to say contact them when we had arrived and they would be happy to see him. When we arrived, he set up a few interviews and had a few job offers in the first couple of weeks. With regards to tools, we shipped the majority in the container, but my hubby sorted out the necessities and made up a separate box, which we then shipped by UPS, just so he had tools to start off with. I think they arrived within 10 days. Good luck!

Archived