Shall I retrain as a Medical Administrator to become a permanent resident?

AleBla92

Hello All :),

I am new to this site so I apologise if I am doing anything wrong!

I have just got off the phone to multiple migration officers and am in tears feeling absolutely trapped and helpless from the information & feedback I have received regarding my hopes to move to Australia.

I would really appreciate some sound advice from someone on how to successfully become a resident of Australia.

I worked as a Sales Agent in Sydney for 2 years on a working holiday visa and absolutely fell in love. I was offered sponsorship by both my employers and stupidly rejected the offers, under the impression I could find others easily.

I have now come to the sudden and horrible realisation of how hard it is to get sponsored in Australia unless you are offering a skill they specifically require. So I am considering retraining to heighten my chances.

The only role that suits me is 'Medical Administrator'. I worked as one for 3 months in London, and have a lot of medical contacts in both London and Sydney through my dad (who is a doctor).

I have come up with a plan and I wanted to know if I am on the right tracks at all:

If I work in my old role as a Medical Administrator in London until February 2017, when a 'C3 Health Service Assistance' course commences in Sydney; Then move to Sydney and pick up some part-time work in medical administration whilst studying health services; Then upon graduation try and seek full time sponsored position in Medical Administration : will I be able to get permanent residency? Is this a realistic plan? I don't want to waste time and money on it, unless it is going to work.

I hope this makes sense, and I really hope someone can help!

Thank you so much for your time :)

Alecia

The occupation of Medical Administrator is Skill Level 1 and VETASSESS Band A, which means you need a highly relevant degree and at least one year of postgraduate work experience; for a chance of a skills assessment. It's a position which would normally be in charge of a health facility such as a Director of Medical Services or a Director of Nursing. I suspect the work you may have been doing could be more along the lines of administrative support in the medical industry, is that correct? I don't believe the course you mention would give you appropriate qualifications for being a medical administrator as per the ANZSCO definition.

The occupation of Medical Administrator is Skill Level 1 and VETASSESS Band A, which means you need a highly relevant degree and at least one year of postgraduate work experience; for a chance of a skills assessment. It's a position which would normally be in charge of a health facility such as a Director of Medical Services or a Director of Nursing. I suspect the work you may have been doing could be more along the lines of administrative support in the medical industry, is that correct? I don't believe the course you mention would give you appropriate qualifications for being a medical administrator as per the ANZSCO definition.

Hi Leanne,

Thank you so much for this constructive feedback. In this case I am completely lost as to which direction I should now take. I was potentially thinking of just getting some really good experience and ties with a company here in the UK which has branches in Sydney, and then asking for a transfer?

If I had known it would be this hard I would have taken my sponsorship offers. I wish someone had told me,I'm genuinely devastated :cry:

Hello All :),

I am new to this site so I apologise if I am doing anything wrong!

I have just got off the phone to multiple migration officers and am in tears feeling absolutely trapped and helpless from the information & feedback I have received regarding my hopes to move to Australia.

I would really appreciate some sound advice from someone on how to successfully become a resident of Australia.

I worked as a Sales Agent in Sydney for 2 years on a working holiday visa and absolutely fell in love. I was offered sponsorship by both my employers and stupidly rejected the offers, under the impression I could find others easily.

I have now come to the sudden and horrible realisation of how hard it is to get sponsored in Australia unless you are offering a skill they specifically require. So I am considering retraining to heighten my chances.

The only role that suits me is 'Medical Administrator'. I worked as one for 3 months in London, and have a lot of medical contacts in both London and Sydney through my dad (who is a doctor).

I have come up with a plan and I wanted to know if I am on the right tracks at all:

If I work in my old role as a Medical Administrator in London until February 2017, when a 'C3 Health Service Assistance' course commences in Sydney; Then move to Sydney and pick up some part-time work in medical administration whilst studying health services; Then upon graduation try and seek full time sponsored position in Medical Administration : will I be able to get permanent residency? Is this a realistic plan? I don't want to waste time and money on it, unless it is going to work.

I hope this makes sense, and I really hope someone can help!

Thank you so much for your time :)

Alecia

I am 24 year old (turning 25 in Jan) BA Hons Events Management Degree 2013 Graduate, with work experience in Events, Sales & Administration (including medical)

Realistically your plan would have little to no chance of success due to the high skill level (skill level 1) of the occupation of Medical Administrator.

As you have qualification in Event Management, you may want to consider finding an employer and sponsor in that area. There are ongoing shortages in the Hospitality Industry, especially in Sydney. With some effort, you may be able to find sponsorship as a Functions or Event Manager.

Good luck.

Archived