Offered a telephone interview....surprised and nervous!

ScottishMatilda

Hi folks,

So I applied for a position in Melbourne to 'put the feelers out' and see whether my skills would be transferable. I actually punched above my weight, as the position would be a promoted post from what I have here in the UK.

Anyway, have now been offered a telephone interview, though I don't have AHPRA reg yet or a visa...doubt they would be willing to wait for those to go through as wouldn't want to go out on anything other than PR. They have confirmed that the visa would have to be done by ourselves as they don't do sponsorship.

Any tips on telephone interviews and/or things I should definitely be asking a prospective employer?

If it gets to it, check whether any pay offer is inclusive or exclusive of superannuation. They will often quote inclusive to make it sound higher. Also ask about relocation expenses, although if they won't sponsor then it's unlikely you'll get those.

Otherwise it's like any other interview so normal questions apply

Thanks all for your replies. Good to keep it in perspective that it is just an interest that has been shown.

Great tip re. salary and superannuation! Had noted to ask about relocation expenses but seems unlikely given they won't do the visa for us.

Interview is is next week so may be back to ask further questions depending on what the outcome is...