Citizendhip ceremony waiting time in MARIBYRNONG Council (Melbourne)?

Nav1988

Hello everyone, I just want to know if anyone had his/her citizenship ceremony done in MARIBYRNONG council in Melbourne. How long was the waiting time for ceremony after citizenship approval?

I applied on 3/05/2016

Received acknowledgment email same day

Citizenship test on 6/06/2016

Approved on 22/06/2016.

Citizenship ceremony date: TBA

Citizenship ceremony type: normal

Please help

Thanks

Hello everyone, I just want to know if anyone had his/her citizenship ceremony done in MARIBYRNONG council in Melbourne. How long was the waiting time for ceremony after citizenship approval?

I applied on 3/05/2016

Received acknowledgment email same day

Citizenship test on 6/06/2016

Approved on 22/06/2016.

Citizenship ceremony date: TBA

Citizenship ceremony type: normal

Please help

Thanks

Try asking the council

http://www.maribyrnong.vic.gov.au/Page/Page.aspx?Page_Id=359

Next ceremony October 13th

Hi nemesis, thanks for your reply.

I called the council and they said they only rent out their office space to dibp for ceremonies apart from that they have nothing to do with ceremonies. They were not helpful at all plus the person on the phone was rude and unprofessional.

Strange that. I'm in Banyule and had my ceremony in April. It was a 6 month wait after the test. Prior to the ceremony, when i called my local council they were able to tell me if I was on the list for the next ceremony. (And they were very nice about it too [emoji12][emoji2])

The ceremony was all run by council staff, not dibp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi nemesis, thanks for your reply.

I called the council and they said they only rent out their office space to dibp for ceremonies apart from that they have nothing to do with ceremonies. They were not helpful at all plus the person on the phone was rude and unprofessional.

Yep I got the same response when I called my council (Glen Eira) but the guy I spoke to was very friendly and professional :) He told me that the council receives a list of candidates from the department 3 weeks prior to the ceremony, and it's entirely the Department's decision to allocate candidates. I was approved in May and I'm hoping to be invited to the next ceremony in November as that would pretty much be 5.5 months since being approved. When I last spoke to the Dept I was advised current ceremony wait times in Melbourne are between 4-6 months. Hope this helps

Edited by Catalyst2012