To do list prior to emigrating?

Serendipity

Hi

I've seen various to do list threads that are requested every so often but cant seem to find one on previous threads.

Can anyone reference one for me please. Its basically the countdown list of all the important things you need to do, people you need to contact and let know when you're emigrating etc.

Many thanks

Its just all the usual common sense things.

Go through your bills and all your paperwork and check your DD's and so on and ensure you notify all those companies etc of your departure date. If you can't cancel ahead of time, ensure you find out when you can (ie car insurance can't be cancelled till last minute usually). And check if you get charged a fee for ending contracts mid way (ie mobile or car).

Things like shipping etc, call the companies and find out direct what their timeframe is and work to that when getting quotes and so on.

Hi

I've seen various to do list threads that are requested every so often but cant seem to find one on previous threads.

Can anyone reference one for me please. Its basically the countdown list of all the important things you need to do, people you need to contact and let know when you're emigrating etc.

Many thanks

Never seen such a list and I am sure we all have different things to do. I would just you sit down for half an hour with a pen and paper, brainstorm it and do youw own list.

when doing your list its worth adding

** once you receive your p45 from employer you can send it off to HMRC to claim tax back in that year. we filled our form out ready for when we got our p45 a few days before leaving. Posted it off and got tax back in our account few weeks later into our bank.

**also i would really recommend having some copies of passports-birth certificates-(and have copies ready on your computer to upload online for anything) they really do come in handy- and save time once your here in those first few weeks.

Hi

Many thanks