Rough guide of electrician trade assistant wages in WA

kazb67

Hi all

I'm looking for a wee bit of guidance on an electrician trade assistants avg wage.

We're coming over to Perth next month to activate visa/visit family. Whilst there we'll check out a few areas that we may want to rent in when we make the move over. One of the key factors in deciding where we want to initially rent is going to be my OHs earnings.

Hes is a fully qualified electrician here in UK but we know he'll have to do a stint as a trade assistant before getting his licence.

We've been looking on job sites (not many of them actually tell you what the wages are) & reading reports, but I'm hoping there's someone on here who can give us a more realistic opinion on what a TA will earn. We don't want to move over, find a place to rent then discover that we can't afford it on a TA wage. We will be coming with savings but don't want to blow it all on rent within the 1st year.

thanks

There is not a lot advertised just now, this is from Seek.com have a look on there

[*=left]Electrical TA – Switchboard Experience
    [*=left]ASAP Start - 4 to 6 Week Assignment
    [*=left]$25.00 to $27.00 per hour + OT + Super

Anywhere between $25-$30 dollars an hour plus over time usually depending on the project and the electrical contractor, I'd also advise your OH investing $1000 and getting his EWP license, confined spaces and working at heights training, these are something that employers like to see on the CV and can make all the difference.

Thanks for that AJ. We keep looking through the job sites to get ideas of how many jobs are avail, like you say no too many at the moment but we're a wee while off. Gd to see they're advertising hourly rate though as majority seem to leave this out. Suppose it's to suss out the candidates 1st.

Thanks Bobbi2016. He has working at heigh & confined spaces. He also has APAF, which I believe is UK EWP? Not sure if any his current tickets/licenses are relevant or if he has to apply for Aus version. We'll have to suss that out as height & confined spaces are renewable every couple of years & there's no point in him doing them if they're irrelevant. He doesn't require them in his current job. He's also considering a PLC but again we'll check out if it's worth doing here or waiting until we've moved.

The hourly rates will give us abit more of a guide to work on, we'll aim for the lower & rough budget around this, thanks again to you both

Thanks for that AJ. We keep looking through the job sites to get ideas of how many jobs are avail, like you say no too many at the moment but we're a wee while off. Gd to see they're advertising hourly rate though as majority seem to leave this out. Suppose it's to suss out the candidates 1st.

Thanks Bobbi2016. He has working at heigh & confined spaces. He also has APAF, which I believe is UK EWP? Not sure if any his current tickets/licenses are relevant or if he has to apply for Aus version. We'll have to suss that out as height & confined spaces are renewable every couple of years & there's no point in him doing them if they're irrelevant. He doesn't require them in his current job. He's also considering a PLC but again we'll check out if it's worth doing here or waiting until we've moved.

The hourly rates will give us abit more of a guide to work on, we'll aim for the lower & rough budget around this, thanks again to you both

He will need to do all his tickets over here again, there are loads of Training Places that do them some only cost a few hundred $$ but some are very expensive!!

Archived