baggage allowance

Guest Jooles

Both emirates and singapore airlines said they would give us 40kg baggage allowance if we were migrating - had unvalidated visa and one way ticket. We couldn't get the baggage allowance if we were making a stopover en route

Ali

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ali

Check again with Singapore Airlines. Some people posted recently on one of the other forums (can't remember which one) that they stopped over in Singapore and there was no problem with the 40kg each all the way through to Oz. I think they got it in writing out of Customer Services in the UK to be on the safe side. I think Singapore have decided very recently that allowing the 40kg even with a stop-over will give them a marketing edge over the rest.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill,

We're not doing a stopover - only got a couple of hours turnaround at Singapore airport. It's going to feel better this time only having two flights (I know that's psychological), whereas we had 3 to QLD last year

Ali

Guest Alison1967
Both emirates and singapore airlines said they would give us 40kg baggage allowance if we were migrating - had unvalidated visa and one way ticket. We couldn't get the baggage allowance if we were making a stopover en route

Ali

I was told couple of months ago I had to choose stopover or 40kgs by Singapore Airlines but it makes sense to allow you both especially from a marketing point of view.

Singapore Airline also do a free bar!! within reason

Ali

Hi, We flew over with singapore airlines 5 weeks ago and they allowed us 40kg each. We were an extra 14kg over and they wanted 600 pound. Nice lady let us off with it though!! :D

Guest Alison1967
That's good to know - sure I may need one or two drinks on the way. Hope you've settled in, lovely to see you on again.

Ali

Ali

House still not sold but keith coming out for good next month, cat costing me a fortune at vets too. Starting to settle.

Qantas don't have a free bar but my friends parents used them this month and had manchester > heathrow > singapore (1 hr stopover didn't get off and had a delay of 3hrs stuck on the plane > melbourne > adelaide and were absolutely exhausted.

Your turn next :wink:

Ali x

Hi ali,

Bet you're glad Keith is finally coming over - I really admire you for going over on your own and sorting everything out - guess I'd do it if I had to but not something I'd enjoy - so well done you.

We're flying 6th January, finish work in 2 weeks, which is bound to be rather emotional as I've been there ages and leaving the team I helped set up - will need lots of hankies. :cry:

Ali x

Guest Alison1967
Hi ali,

Bet you're glad Keith is finally coming over - I really admire you for going over on your own and sorting everything out - guess I'd do it if I had to but not something I'd enjoy - so well done you.

We're flying 6th January, finish work in 2 weeks, which is bound to be rather emotional as I've been there ages and leaving the team I helped set up - will need lots of hankies. :cry:

Ali x

Yep lots of tissues and lots of wingeing, think of all that sunshine hmm beach beach beach ha ha

Archived