Activation of 190 Visa

henryolonga

Hello to all,

I am planning to activate my 190 visa soon. Currently, I am overseas (i.e. "Outside Australia").

Since I have been granted a 190 visa for NSW, I am planning to live in one of the suburbs in Sydney, Australia.

However, if I plan to fly (i.e. "arrive from overseas to activate the visa") to a different airport/city first (i.e. "before activation of the visa"), is there any problem? (Say, I don't take a flight to Sydney, Australia. Instead, I go to Melbourne first to meet couple of my friends)

Q: Will the visa be activated on my arrival to Melbourne airport?

Q: What if I travel by road to Sydney from Melbourne?

(Conclusion: My question is what activity triggers the activation of 190 visa? Is it an entry stamp to any city's airport or specific city's airport which is in your nominated state, or physical presence in the state)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry.

Hello to all,

I am planning to activate my 190 visa soon. Currently, I am overseas (i.e. "Outside Australia").

Since I have been granted a 190 visa for NSW, I am planning to live in one of the suburbs in Sydney, Australia.

However, if I plan to fly (i.e. "arrive from overseas to activate the visa") to a different airport/city first (i.e. "before activation of the visa"), is there any problem? (Say, I don't take a flight to Sydney, Australia. Instead, I go to Melbourne first to meet couple of my friends)

Q: Will the visa be activated on my arrival to Melbourne airport?

Q: What if I travel by road to Sydney from Melbourne?

(Conclusion: My question is what activity triggers the activation of 190 visa? Is it an entry stamp to any city's airport or specific city's airport which is in your nominated state, or physical presence in the state)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry.

your visa will be validated as soon as you pass through immigration at whichever airport you fly into.