Form 80

Biker Dave

After waiting 16 months for my Onshore Temporary Partner visa I have finally been contacted by a case officer.

They have requested me to fill in Form 80. Re Q17 on this form. It states that they want addresses in chronological order which I thought was most recent last, starting with first address lived in. But in the square at the top next to "date from" headed "date to" they have typed CURRENT which only allows you to complete in reverse chronological order.

Then onto Q18 - International travel they ask for chronological order but with no CURRENT printed in the Date to box at the top.

Bloody form is driving me crazy.

Any advice please?

The form has been incredibly badly put together, you are better off printing it out and filling it in by hand; the last thing you want to happen is to type up the form and then, when you think you pressed saved, you find that none of the info has saved (this happens quite often). We get around this by paying for Acrobat Professional, which allows us to type onto the form as if we were typing with a typewriter. But we do this because we have lots of clients. You will only have to do this once so save yourself the hassle and just handwrite it.

As for whether you fill in the form chronologically, honestly, it doesn't matter, though generally we tend to work backwards in time (present to the past).

After waiting 16 months for my Onshore Temporary Partner visa I have finally been contacted by a case officer.

They have requested me to fill in Form 80. Re Q17 on this form. It states that they want addresses in chronological order which I thought was most recent last, starting with first address lived in. But in the square at the top next to "date from" headed "date to" they have typed CURRENT which only allows you to complete in reverse chronological order.

Then onto Q18 - International travel they ask for chronological order but with no CURRENT printed in the Date to box at the top.

Bloody form is driving me crazy.

Any advice please?

hi Biker Dave

Yes I found form 80 an absolute pain to fill in because of the amount of detail. Like SOMV, I printed it out and filled it in by hand, because I found it easier to keep track of without any endless scrolling. I had to put some of the info on separate sheets and found it just simpler to have it all on paper in front of me. I found the worst section was the one concerned with foreign travel wanting dates. I did my best to be accurate but where I simply couldn't remember I just guessed the dates from the time of year and wrote 'approximately.' I found old passport stamps useful for getting dates of some previous travel.

When I had filled in the whole thing, I scanned it back into my laptop and then transferred all the pages into a single file, which I then re-wrote as a pdf. It wasn't something I was familiar with and it had me tearing my hair out but I got there in the end. I now know that if you have an Ipad you can just photograph documents to get copies - much quicker and easier than scanning everything.

Good luck!