Where to live in Melbourne?

Aboojets

Hi,

My wife, two kids(3&5) and myself are moving to Melbourne from the UK in October.

I will be working in Campbellfield and hopefully commuting by motorbike, we would like to live close to the beach.

can anyone recommend any nice beach suburbs and advise on commuting times?

I will be starting at 7:30, will I miss the morning rush?

Also does anyone know of any short term rentals, maybe a month, while we find a long term rental.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks, Tom

Hi,

My wife, two kids(3&5) and myself are moving to Melbourne from the UK in October.

I will be working in Campbellfield and hopefully commuting by motorbike, we would like to live close to the beach.

can anyone recommend any nice beach suburbs and advise on commuting times?

I will be starting at 7:30, will I miss the morning rush?

Also does anyone know of any short term rentals, maybe a month, while we find a long term rental.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks, Tom

Campbellfield is about as far away from the beach as you can get in Melbourne, maybe Altona and go around the ring road, no you won't miss the morning rush, might miss the worst of it though.

Rental near any beach will depend very much on the funds available for rent. It's quite pricey, the closer you get to the sea.

Commuting year-round by motorbike is absolutely doable. Far easier year-round here than in most parts of the U.K. Far less ice on the roads for a start! Safe lane filtering is perfectly legal in Victoria, usual caveats apply, watch out for those that haven't watched out for you and you should hopefully have a quick and safe commute. Just watch out for tram tracks, especially in the wet.

We are in Watsonia at the end of the ringroad. A trip to the beach at weekends is 45 mins to Edithvale at the end of Springvale Road, about 45 mins through the city to St Kilda, and maybe 35 mins via Ringroad to Williamstown or Altona.

It takes far less time from our area to get on the bike and disappear into the hills to the North and East though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Suzukiscottie