Shipping Cat from Australia to UK - Advice Please

CJT

We have up until recently been planning to head back to the UK and had originally thought that it would be kinder to re-home our cat in Australia rather than taking her with us due to the upheaval. This has been immensely stressful time for us all :arghh:due to the fact that we were selling our house in Australia with the intention of getting settled prior to the start of the school year in September. Our house sale has fallen through on a number of occasions and we had resigned ourselves to staying in Aus for the next few years, but we have now had an offer on our house which we are prepared to accept. The problem is that our timeframes are now really short for getting back and my wife and boys would now desperately like to take the cat with us (I think the realisation of leaving her behind is now sinking in).

What is the shortest timeframe for getting everything done that is required - she has not had any Vaccinations etc. I feel that we probably could not get it done as we would be looking to leave in 3-4 weeks.

Has anyone got any experience of doing this sort of thing hastily, and any recommendations for companies would be really appreciated. We are in the Brisbane area.

We have up until recently been planning to head back to the UK and had originally thought that it would be kinder to re-home our cat in Australia rather than taking her with us due to the upheaval. This has been immensely stressful time for us all :arghh:due to the fact that we were selling our house in Australia with the intention of getting settled prior to the start of the school year in September. Our house sale has fallen through on a number of occasions and we had resigned ourselves to staying in Aus for the next few years, but we have now had an offer on our house which we are prepared to accept. The problem is that our timeframes are now really short for getting back and my wife and boys would now desperately like to take the cat with us (I think the realisation of leaving her behind is now sinking in).

What is the shortest timeframe for getting everything done that is required - she has not had any Vaccinations etc. I feel that we probably could not get it done as we would be looking to leave in 3-4 weeks.

Has anyone got any experience of doing this sort of thing hastily, and any recommendations for companies would be really appreciated. We are in the Brisbane area.

You have time.

You our have to have 21 days between having the rabies injection and flying. But there is no quarantine in the UK from Oz and they cope very well.

We used Dogtainers in March to fly our little fellow and I know they do cats as well and they were wonderful.

The rabies injection was about $150 and the shipping about $3k. I would call them first thing Monday and explain the urgency and I am sure they will help get a quick / immediate appointment for the injection - it has to be done by a special vet.