Move from Brisbane to Gold Coast

nish123

Hi!

Myself, hubby and nearly 4 year old son are thinking (pretty sure) we are going to move closer to the beach in the Gold Coast in February when our lease runs out. We live in Manly, Brisbane at the moment and love it. It's on the water but not 'proper beaches' and there are quite a few restaurants/ bars around but not a loud area.

My husband works in the Logan Hyperdome so not as far as Brisbane. Basically I'm looking for advice on safe suburbs that are quiet but not too isolated as near as possible to the sea that he can commute to in a reasonable time (no more than 45 minutes). We've already looked at Helensvale etc but still a bit far to the beach still if we are going to be leaving friends we've made in the last year.

Hope you can help!!!

Thanks, nish

Biggera Waters, Runaway Bay, Paradise Point and Hope Island are probably all worth a look. None of those suburbs would give a massive commute to the hyperdome.

Cal x

Thanks!!! I've had a quick look at them. The houses seem a bit smaller but pricier. What's your thoughts on Robina, Arundel, Carrara etc? Too rough/ far away? X

• 2 weeks later...

I would stay in Manly liked it there more of a townly feel with Wynnum down the road where I was for a short while.Its about 15-20 mins drive to Paradise Point from Pacific Pines/Helensvale.Preferred Brisbane area for living Gold Coast good for days out.

Why is robina pricier? Forgive my naivety....

Robina is nice ( one of the cheaper suburbs in the south GC), and not to far from the beautiful Burleigh. Also consider Varsity, reedy creek ( both really Nice) Burleigh waters, currumbin waters or currumbin ( very sort after areas though) . PS I've not seen a "rough" suburb on the GC yet..regards of what some say.

I was out in Bonogin \ Mudgeeraba last week (which is only 15-20 mins from the beach) the houses where amazing, such a beautiful area and you'll get acreage if you wanted it.

the further south you go, the higher the prices and more in demand the houses are. This is the same for some of the northern suburbs as well like southport and labrador.

Loads of properties in Upper coomera and Helensvale, but if you want the beach life they're a bit far.

We live in Palm beach

Edited by GoldcoastMAD