Anybody in Brisbane selling furniture

davlap

I have posted previously, looking for accommodation, with no response.

I have been looking at rentals and there are a few longer term unfurnished places I like.

However, don't really want to run around and buy it all (renting in Melbourne while I am working in Brisbane)

So if anybody has some or all the basics for a one bed apartment they are selling , please pm me

Bed, table and chairs, sofa, TV?, kitchen utensils + cooking that kind of thing

Delivery would be good, but I could hire

It needs to be fairly cheap, but not too daggy

cheers

I did see your thread but apart ftom suggesting the obvious - search realestate.com.au - I don't know of any rental apartments. I think you would have to take a longer term let on that budget, but when I had a quick look there were plenty of 1 bed apartments, some furnished, around 400/week.

We're about to move house and no longer have spare furniture, a week ago you could have had our queen bed for free but it was in a shabby state as the cat used it as a giant scratch toy!! Try Lifeline furniture stores, and gumtree. Plenty of ute-with-driver services out there if you need delivery, again on gumtree :-)

Thanks for replying.

I am asking on here to try to avoid the usual looking to rent 'zoo', the applications, inspections, missing out etc

I worked in Sydney for a year and took a part furnished, ended up buying cheap kmart rubbish

I don't want to be spending spare time collecting bits and pieces.

There are a few things around, but looking closer a lot of it is student studios and nras only applications.

Yeah, being a prospective renter can be a pain. But you might find demand for apartments in Brisbane CBD a lot lower than Sydney? There is already an oversupply and many ads offer incentives such as free rent periods.

One like this might suit? http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-brisbane+city-418903758

As a little side story, when we came to inspect our current rental, other people were put off by the two toilets being manky with limescale. I just thought, dump in some chemicals, scrub a bit, no bother! I believe we were the only people to apply. Fast forward two years, we break lease and have a couple of open for inspections. First one, about 10 couples turn up, half take applications. Second inspection cancelled! The difference? No manky toilets lol. I suppose the moral of the story is you could luck out if other people are put off by a small thing that can be easily fixed.

Good luck!!

Yeah, being a prospective renter can be a pain. But you might find demand for apartments in Brisbane CBD a lot lower than Sydney? There is already an oversupply and many ads offer incentives such as free rent periods.

One like this might suit? http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-brisbane+city-418903758

Good luck!!

Thats pretty much what I am after and will inspect it.

Problem is utilities are most likely extra (many are included) and don't seem to have any laundry.

Have to be mindful of budget as we will be double renting

For sure there more and cheaper than Sydney, but I was on good money there and my salary here is pretty rubbish.

Rental demands are down in Brisbane.

Where are you working, this should guide where you want to live as travel in Brisbane is not always required.

When viewing, turn up a little smart, be early and talk/befriend the agent as it is them who submit your expression of interest to the owner. We jumped a huge line of people wanting a property we got....3 bed town house in Ascot (expensive area) for a cheap price in front of many others as the agent liked us and believed we would be good tenants which we were.

All apartments and houses are required to have a laundry and incentives are out there as many landlords of the dreaded 2 bed apartment are struggling. Best prices are available on established flats in central areas.

Best of luck and I'm sure you will grow to love Brisbane and it's more laid back lifestyle.

S