State Sponsorship 55 + 5SS Software Engineer

zpat978

Just thought lets share our experience on State Sponsorship for people with 55 + 5(SS) points. As I can see chances are less for people with 55 points not getting state sponsorship..

Anyone got Invited with 55 points for SS in the last month or so? What are the chances in future?

The points system is not a guarantee for entry, just because you get 50 points does not entitle you entry, it entitles you to apply. Your application is then considered against other applications which maybe more attractive due to a greater number of points or partners also with professional qualifications etc. With certain professions there are very limited applicants meaning a lower score is considered where as some professions are massively over subscribed meaning only the top candidates are considered.

As with anything, the better your score then the more attractive you become. Personally my application was submitted with 70 points and was overlooked in the first month. I reset IELTS and got an additional 10 points totalling 80 and got selected the following month.

S