Police check £10 one - are these still valid?

racht

:policeman:I am just about to apply for Police checks. Time is on our side and so do not need to have them back quickly and neither myself or hubby have anything on our record (or so we think!!).

Just want to know if you can definitely still use the £10 check or is the £35 (ACPO/ACRO) is preferred by DIAC? No point in wasting £50 if we dont have to but dont want to have to apply for both cos £10 check is not sufficient.

Thanks

Rach

Guest hels269

hi rachael

i just read the aspc email that i get sent every week and it has in fact changed to this now "Police certificates are now being issued by the Association of Chief Police

Officers (ACPO) and cover applicants who have lived or currently reside in

England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Northern

Ireland." whereas up until a few weeks ago it said this " Until further notice, the department will also continue to accept the

outcome of a Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act 1998

for each relevant UK jurisdiction." so it looks like perhaps they have phased this out

oh great !! i just got my subject access stuff back. I guess this means I am going to have to re-apply. Any idea how long this takes ?

Helen

Guest BarbersRgo?

I took our forms in to Police Station last week and they wouldn't take them as they said that Australia is no longer accepting them. So I think we have to do the one for £35 now.

Guest paul n kath

I have had a poice check which I had to have done for my driving instructors course, does that count for visa application?:unsure:

I sent my £10 - one for Me my wife and my Son - CO hasn't mentioned anything yet??

I rang DIAC to ask them about this last week as we did our checks at the end of last year. She told me that as we had already submitted them the old ones would be ok, its only new ones that must be the acpo checks. Hopefully we'll get a CO soon & I can verify that!

Guest Wenders

Hi all,

We've got our police check forms here and it quotes £35, nothing about £10. Our agent sent them to us in preparation for when we need to send them off.

Hi

We had our police checks done in May and we also didn't have an options of a £10 check only £35.

Liz

Visa Lodged Oct 07

Visa Acknowledged 26th Nov 07

Police Checks Posted 14th May 08 & Returned 21st May

Meds done 6th June 08

Archived