Gold Coast for long weekend? Any suggestions?

CaptainR

In a few weeks time I've planned a long weekend up on the Gold Coast with my wife and kids (ages 5 and 9). Any recommendations for where to stay, what to do, what to see and whether it's worth getting a hire car or just going with public transport?

Any tips and advice appreciated.

Id probably get a hire car then you can explore. Yes there's all the theme parks but there's also the southern point of the coast like Kirra ,Currumbin Rock pools etc and inland a bit places like Springbrook or O Reillys where you get some fantastic views over the coast and see an array of wildlife and birds.

Ashmore Palms is a cabin park with a pool, playground etc and you also have God Coast holiday Village that does cabins, if you want a hotel have a look on Scoopon or Groupon as theyve been doing deals for Paradise resort (great for kids) and another place at Burleigh i cant recall the name of.

Cal x

Id probably get a hire car then you can explore. Yes there's all the theme parks but there's also the southern point of the coast like Kirra ,Currumbin Rock pools etc and inland a bit places like Springbrook or O Reillys where you get some fantastic views over the coast and see an array of wildlife and birds.

Ashmore Palms is a cabin park with a pool, playground etc and you also have God Coast holiday Village that does cabins, if you want a hotel have a look on Scoopon or Groupon as theyve been doing deals for Paradise resort (great for kids) and another place at Burleigh i cant recall the name of.

Cal x

Thanks Cal,

Will check all of those out!

Nice hotel I can recommend is a place called air on Broadbeach at Broadbeach. Great views and its out of the surfers paradise area. Beautiful rooms with great views. Check out website. Loads of cafes and restaurants around it and close to pacific fair also. Great beach out the front. I stay here when on the coast now. It's still my favourite.If you can , try and get up to Springbrook. Natural bridge is a great spot in the hinterlands if you have access to a car of course. Currumbin wildlife and SeaWorld also good for the kids. Hope helps

Edited by Ausborn