Farmer's Markets near Freo?

Guest daveintaiwan

Guest daveintaiwan

As a believer in getting fresh produce grown locally, I wondered if there were any Farmer's Markets in Perth and where they were located. After searching the web, I have found one main one in East Perth and one in the Claremont Primary School.

Are there any SOR, particularly in the Freo area?

Guest oldn66

Try the Spud Shed on Kerosene lane in Baldivis. They are open all weekend and grow all thier own produce.

Guest leftfield

They have some sort of produce market on a saturday or Sunday morning on George Street, East Fremantle.

I have never been to it some can't comment on its quality

Guest daveintaiwan
Try the Spud Shed on Kerosene lane in Baldivis. They are open all weekend and grow all thier own produce.

Sounds good, but I was hoping there might be something a little closer in Willagee or Spearwood. I came across a news article that said the Galatis (operators of The Spud Shop) had opened The Mad Butcher in Spearwood (near the Stock Road Junction) providing cheap organic meat... Any organic fruit and veg places close by?

I see there are stalls in the weekend market in Freo that sell fruit and veg. Is there a good range, quality and price or is it more for the tourists?

Guest oldn66

Yeah the Freo markets are ok. They have quiet a few sellers towards the back of the markets and are worth a look. Have you tried the Canning Vale markets On South St on a Sunday morning. Good for fruit and vegies and tonnes of other stuff. Its an under cover market that has just about everything you can think of.Worth a look.

There's also a fruit and veg shop at Kardinya (near the chinese), Tony Ales in South Lakes sells good quality stuff. I've found the fruit and veg stalls in Freo market to be good and not too expensive.

Ali

Guest mikerees

We get all of our fruit and veg from the market at Canning Vale (Bannister rd ) on a Sunday. The quality is really good and the prices are much cheaper than IGA or coles & woolies.

There is a clearance market for food on the Saturday, but tends to require buying in bulk more, but the meat and veg are good quality.

Mike & Claire

Archived