Saying Hi and hoping to move to Oz

krisjen01

Just thought we would say hi and tell you a bit about ourselves and take any advice anyone has to offer.

Were getting married in January and have decided to try and see if we can emigrate over to preferably Perth.

My names Jennie im 41 years old and i own a small but successful catering business in Warrington UK.

My other half is Kris and hes a qualified chef level 3 who runs our kitchen he is 38 years old.

I have a brother who lives in Perth with his wife ( his wife has dual passports) he has lived there for 2 years.

Our plans are to hopefully move over and open a small business or gain employment if need be.

We havnt started the process yet as we are looking for a reputable agent to tell us what we need to do first etc and hopefully guide us through the process.

Just thought we would say hi and tell you a bit about ourselves and take any advice anyone has to offer.

Were getting married in January and have decided to try and see if we can emigrate over to preferably Perth.

My names Jennie im 41 years old and i own a small but successful catering business in Warrington UK.

My other half is Kris and hes a qualified chef level 3 who runs our kitchen he is 38 years old.

I have a brother who lives in Perth with his wife ( his wife has dual passports) he has lived there for 2 years.

Our plans are to hopefully move over and open a small business or gain employment if need be.

We havnt started the process yet as we are looking for a reputable agent to tell us what we need to do first etc and hopefully guide us through the process.

Welcome aboard!

Have a snoop around the boards here and see what you can find out prior to getting in touch with an agent.

B

I am new here too krisjen01. Well new to the forum. I have lived in Australia for 25 years.

I cannot help with migration because the rules have changed so much in the past 25 years.

But getting an agent is probably a good idea. It will of course cost a bit. But will also help to take some of the stress and confusion away.

In regards to catering and chef work. Well there is plenty of opportunity for both here. Especially in the big cities.

But some smaller tourist wine areas have loads of gourmet food options to be explored and expanded on.

Margaret River in WA and The Hunter Valley in NSW and The Barossa Valley in SA, are three that come to mind. Even somewhere like country Mudgee and Orange in NSW are considered major "foodie" hotspots.

I have never been to Perth so cannot offer advice there.