Getting quotes for removals.

Dubliner

Moving to W.A. over the next couple of months from the U.K.

In the process of getting quotes for removals and it is doing my head in lol.

Have two reasonable quotes from Anglo-Pacific and Doree-Bonner, so asked PSS if they could price match or beat those quotes (I've heard good reviews of them).

PSS came back with a revised estimate....that was MORE expensive than their original quote :goofy::goofy:

the mind boggles!

This is not part of the process I would waste too much energy on. No need to price match or barter. Just go with the cheapest as they are all much of a muchness. In seven years on immigration forums, having read hundreds of these threads, I have seen nothing to indicate that any of the main removalists should be avoided or conversely are the ones to go with. Much of a muchness.

When you are comparing the quotes make sure they are all like for like - some areas to check are volume, dates the quotes are based on (prices for peak season can vary quite considerably from quieter times), any special packing (crates etc) or handling requirements (like shuttle vehicles or outside elevators), inclusions/exclusions, insurance premiums (and include the actual cost of this in your total cost) etc. These can all make a difference to the final price and if not covered could be a nasty surprise later on. Good luck!

Biggest differences

Volume

Sole container usage

Insurance inclusions

Removalist AU side

Limited or unlimited packaging

Alot of Removalists belong to a global network which is best as you are ensured of a good company Australia side.

S

• 2 weeks later...

quote comparison on the base of price is confusing. A cheaper solution is not always better one. Spend some time to find positive reviewed removal company based in local and then setup some criteria for them. Any company near to your criteria and matches the range of price you set would be the best choice for your job.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hyperlink

My goods were packed in the UK for transport to Brisbane on the 12/13th July. I was told by the Anglo Pacific rep that they only deal with international shipping and plenty of ships were available. I took a shared container and am now in Brisbane. However, after emails were ignored by the shippers as to the possible arrival date of my stuff, I telephoned them last night to be told that my goods are still on the dock awaiting consignment some 5 weeks later. They say could be sent next week. Expensive and not happy!!