Citizenship - Countries Resided or Visited

ChrisH1979

Hi all,

Well that year has gone quick! A year of PR as of yesterday and today I have been able to start my citizenship application (the app blocked me from proceeding prior to this).

Anyway started to fill this in and theres a few things I was hoping you guys could clarify or me (I've looked for existing threads but can't see any):

1. It asks about "Other citizenships" for both the application and the applicants parents - I'm assuming here that they are looking for other duals and not my british citizenship considering I provided passport details which proves this?

2. This is the key one....There is a section that states:

"Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?

Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:

• Work or study outside of Australia

[*]Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin

[*]Business

[*]Military deployment"

So seriously now I have to list ALL my holidays overseas from the age of 18 and up? With specific dates? I've been to nearly 20 countries and don't have a full audit trail of dates so have other people come across this and what did you do?

Many thanks in advance for all the help

Chris

If Australian immigration asked me about "other citizenships" I would certainly expect my British citizenship would come into that.

It it is two years since I applied for mine, but no, I definitely did not provide any information on places I went to on holiday since the age of 18.

• 2 months later...

Most people should be able to provide details of all their travel in the past 10years. Everything is done electronically nowadays, so for me, all my flight details and invoices are stored in my past emails and can still be accessed. I just used the search option on my hotmail account to type in the name of the place and all relevant booking information comes up. You could also look at the places you've checked in at on your facebook timeline. I have stamps on my passports for all international travel too. I was able to find everything I needed to fill out form 80 (similar question on travel).

If it's more than 10 years ago, I would imagine for countries that are not considered "high-risk" they would accept you not being overly specific with your dates. For one of the countries I just wrote (2 weeks in June) and specified it was a holiday.

But they'll likely want further information if you were being vague about the dates of your visits to countries like North Korea, South Sudan, Columbia etc :-)

Archived