Confusion on Parner Skills requirement- please help

shooterspalace

Hi Experts,

I found the below requirement of partner skills from where I can claim 5 points. But I cannot understand the 3rd line. I am from IT Background and she is from Pharmacy background.

My question is -

1) In SOL list, I found my ANZSCO Code as nominated occupation, so my spouse's ANZSCO code as nominated occupation has to be there in the same SOL list? Or her nominated occupation must be same with my nomination occupation?

2) Lastly, she has no job experience in pharmacy field. Does it require for her assessment and claiming 5 points?

""" Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

- were under 50 years of age

- had at least competent English

- had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

- had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

"""""

Thanks

Shooter

1. As it says, her occupation has to be on the same occupation list as the occupation you've nominated. So if you've nominated an occupation on the SOL, then she needs to also nominate an occupation on the SOL.

2. You'd need to check with the skills assessor whether any experience is required to receive a positive skills assessment.

Archived