Just wanted a little help....

Alex1990

Hello my name Alex I'm 26 years old and a fully qualified carpenter and play ryman prem in football (soccer) and I want to move to Australia, but not sure what visa to apply for.... I have family in Brisbane so I would like to live there so I have a base etc, I've already used my working holiday visa when I was 18.

Any help would be great, or even pointing me in the right direction of what visa company to use.

thanks in advance

Alex

Hi Alex you are in the same position as me, I also used my WHV so couldn't apply for another.

Your best option is probably a 457 sponsorship visa, that is what I have done but you need to find an employer that needs you to sponsor you and unfortunately at this particular time there is a really long wait on this visa. I got my job offer in April and am still waiting for the visa, very frustrating!

First things first though make sure that carpenter is on the SOL list, if so you can go over on an independent visa - great! Quite expensive though, so you can also do the 457 visa.

If your job is not on the sol list then you can't do independent but if it is on the CSOL list then you can get the 457 or you can do a state nomination I think? Look into that first then you will know where you stand.

Good luck [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello my name Alex I'm 26 years old and a fully qualified carpenter and play ryman prem in football (soccer) and I want to move to Australia, but not sure what visa to apply for.... I have family in Brisbane so I would like to live there so I have a base etc, I've already used my working holiday visa when I was 18.

Any help would be great, or even pointing me in the right direction of what visa company to use.

thanks in advance

Alex

a 457 visa is like a last option buddy it's only a temporary visa. Your chained to a certain employer for upto 4 years.. Look into the 189 visa. It's an independent visa. You can live anywhere you like and have permanent residency when you enter the country. Calculate your points and contact a registered migration agent

Yep agree with bobbie I had a look out of interest and carpenter is on the sol list so you are really lucky and have a lot of options for visas

Unfortunately for me hairdresser is only on CSOL so 457 is one of my only options

Good luck with your research [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.downundercentre.com/australian-skill-assessments

I recommend a telephone call to Wes at the Down Under Centre about the migration skills assessment process for a Carpenter, and how he can assist - he is involved with the UK based assessment process for occupations such as Carpenters.

Feel able to say that Alan from Go Matilda Visas suggested you make contact.

Good luck!

Archived