189 Visa & Work Experience

Hello Ladies & Gents,

I'm intending to apply for Skilled Independent Visa (189), with Mechanical Engineer as my nominated occupation. I've got a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia and have done IELTS. My claimed points are as follows :

1. Age : 30 points. (I'm currently 29)

2. Superior English : 20 points (IELTS : 9 in each of the sections in IELTS, thus an overall score of 9)

3. Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering : 15 points.

TOTAL POINTS CLAIMED : 65

I have about 2 years of experience in a related field (i.e. Mechanical Engineering) of a total work experience of nearly 4 years. Now, of these 2 years, I was employed with two different companies. I don't have a relieving letter from one of the companies since we parted acrimoniously and I really don't want to go back to them and ask for this.

Since my overall relevant work experience was less than the required three years, I haven't claimed any points for the same, either in the degree assessment or in the EOI.

EOI was lodged on 27th May, 2016 and Invite to apply received on 6th July, 2016.

Now what I would like to know is if my not having the relevant relieving letter for one of the related employment periods (as detailed above) would be a hindrance to the Skilled Independent Visa Application, considering that I haven't claimed points for work experience in my EOI.

Regards,

Ferrari Fan

Edited by ferrarifan
Adding signature.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't claim points for experience so didn't need to provide any evidence for that...I could have done but I had enough points and just seemed like it would be extra hassle getting evidence for it so didn't bother mentioning it

@xxlornaxx I think your application maybe quite similar to mine although I guess your completed by now.

I have 65 points for age,degree qualified nurse, positive skills assessment for degree but I do not have the necessary years of experience (been qualified 2.5 years). Do I need to complete the 10 years employment history if I am not claiming points for experience. EOI have confirmed that I have 65 points without me filling that part in.

Did you submit employers references and payslips?? And if you did, how many years worth. Like I said I've only been qualified for 2.5 years but worked previously in many administrative roles.

Also so is it worth completing the form 80 now even though I haven't got to that point.

Do I need to do anything before submitting the EOI. I'm doing it myself so I want to be quite clear wth what I'm doing. Other than a few questions that I have I believe my application is quite straightforward.

Thank you, your help is hugely appreciated.

I filled in ten year wok history roughly yes but didn't supply any references or payslips as wasn't claiming experience points n most of experience wasn't nursing related anyway n like I said why do extra work if I don't have to...I filled in form 80 as I front loaded everything in hope of a quicker grant...i got direct grant in four weeks. Did you do ielts for points too? I had 65 points too but needed ielts for that

I filled in ten year wok history roughly yes but didn't supply any references or payslips as wasn't claiming experience points n most of experience wasn't nursing related anyway n like I said why do extra work if I don't have to...I filled in form 80 as I front loaded everything in hope of a quicker grant...i got direct grant in four weeks. Did you do ielts for points too? I had 65 points too but needed ielts for that

Yes ive done the IELTS and I have just received the results so I'm now in a position to submit the EOI. Having looked at all the supporting documentation it says that I need to submit all transcripts and certificates again despite having already sent this to ANMAC I genuinely thought that by having a skills assessment this would cover this part. I plan to submit the EOI by the end of the week and then do the police checks for myself and my partner on the weekend.

Thanks again, I may have to call upon your help again.

• 3 weeks later...

wow guys, I am a bit "jealous" coz your applications are so straight forward. For me (not being native speaker) getting 7 for all the components in IELTS is like almost impossible :) I wish my situation was more like yours :) Wish you good luck and positive and as quick as possible answer from DIAC.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks,

An update on this is long overdue from my end. :)

As stated earlier, I claimed 65 points and lodged an EOI on 27th May, 2016. Invite to apply was received on 6th July, 2016. Application lodged on 15th July, 2016. Request for more information (IELTS, Form 80, Police Clearance, Education details etc.) and Medical Checks received on 1st August, 2016. No information about work experience asked. Medicals done and all information submitted on 12th August, 2016. Now waiting and keeping my fingers crossed that the visa grant comes soon.

Cheers,

FerrariFan