citizenship documents police certificate

bwatt99

Wondering how long it took you guys from submitting application to getting test/appointment date,I had an email few days after submitting my application saying I get a date very soon but that was a week ago now lol.

in that email letter it said about sending my police cert to nearest office I have heard don't post drop it off,get a certified copy which you can't to just post it.

i don't have an issue with posting but strange how they want it within 28 days of me getting the letter?

when they have a scanned copy?

And yes I do happen to have a spare copy but some others might now would be an expensive carry on if it did get list.

Cant understand why they cant just wait till test date when I need to take all other docs.

so express might be the way to go it's fast,tracked and insured right?

Hi there, is your police certificate still valid? i.e. dated within last 12 months? I had the same request in an email, but the one I uploaded with my citizenship application was the one I had done for the visa application, so was out of date. Citizenship application went in on 10th May, received email on 15th June, with test date scheduled for 21 June. Had to change this and did it through the online booking system to 30 June. I still attended test/interview even without current police cert, just took my receipt to prove I'd applied for another one. Will still have to submit new police cert, but have 60 days to do this. I can either take up to the office and they will copy it or it can be posted in and they will send back. Hope this helps.

Hi there, is your police certificate still valid? i.e. dated within last 12 months? I had the same request in an email, but the one I uploaded with my citizenship application was the one I had done for the visa application, so was out of date. Citizenship application went in on 10th May, received email on 15th June, with test date scheduled for 21 June. Had to change this and did it through the online booking system to 30 June. I still attended test/interview even without current police cert, just took my receipt to prove I'd applied for another one. Will still have to submit new police cert, but have 60 days to do this. I can either take up to the office and they will copy it or it can be posted in and they will send back. Hope this helps.

Yes new just got it prior to doing my application online