187 visa

Hello guys, i have applied my 187nomination and visa on 15/12/15 and my current visa(student) is going to expire on 28/7/16. My question is should I lodge file for student visa extension or bridging visa will be alright?? My occupation- Restaurent manager. Any suggestions from agents will be appreciated.

thanks

Mavi

Hello guys, i have applied my 187nomination and visa on 15/12/15 and my current visa(student) is going to expire on 28/7/16. My question is should I lodge file for student visa extension or bridging visa will be alright?? My occupation- Restaurent manager. Any suggestions from agents will be appreciated.

thanks

Mavi

Your bridging visa will kick in the day your student visa expires. Actually you're better off on a BV leading up to a 187 than on a student visa.

Just make sure you have your BV Grant Letter.

Your bridging visa will kick in the day your student visa expires. Actually you're better off on a BV leading up to a 187 than on a student visa.

Just make sure you have your BV Grant Letter.

Dear sir thanks for your advise. Yes I have my bridging visa grant letter. Now I don't need to worry about visa extension otherwise I was planning to lodge one more file. But I am wondering and worried why my MA is saying I should lodge student extension file????? Dear Ahmad do u have any idea???

Thanks in advance,

Mavi

Dear sir thanks for your advise. Yes I have my bridging visa grant letter. Now I don't need to worry about visa extension otherwise I was planning to lodge one more file. But I am wondering and worried why my MA is saying I should lodge student extension file????? Dear Ahmad do u have any idea???

Thanks in advance,

Mavi

I do not see a good reason to extend the student visa since a BVA (especially one leading to a 187) is more preferential and beneficial than a student visa, unless your MA has some concern about your 187 and fears a 187 refusal.

I do not see a good reason to extend the student visa since a BVA (especially one leading to a 187) is more preferential and beneficial than a student visa, unless your MA has some concern about your 187 and fears a 187 refusal.

Sir I really appreciate that u replied. Now I better book appointment with my MA and ask him why he wants me to apply for visa extension? And Let's see what he says??.. Thank you so much sir once again for your advise.

Mavi

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Ahmad,

My student visa is going to expire tomorrow and I know my bridging visa will come in effect. But my question is by chance if I don't get any positive response from immi regarding 187 visa then do I have option to apply student visa extension within 28 days??? I would appreciate if u reply.

Kind regards,

Mavi

Dear Ahmad,

My student visa is going to expire tomorrow and I know my bridging visa will come in effect. But my question is by chance if I don't get any positive response from immi regarding 187 visa then do I have option to apply student visa extension within 28 days??? I would appreciate if u reply.

Kind regards,

Mavi

If 187 is refused you can't apply for a further student visa onshore

If 187 is refused you can't apply for a further student visa onshore

Sir do I have now 28 days for student visa extension?? My visa is expiring tomorrow. I mean can I still apply for student visa extension within these 28 days if I get 187 refused in these 28 days??

thanks

Sir please reply ASAP because I am in too much stress and I do not trust immi anymore because they are taking too long to respond for 187 applicants. I want to secure my student visa.

thanks

Mavi

Sir do I have now 28 days for student visa extension?? My visa is expiring tomorrow. I mean can I still apply for student visa extension within these 28 days if I get 187 refused in these 28 days??

thanks

You can apply for a new student visa any time between now and 28 days from the day your current one ceases (if this is the first time you apply for a student visa onshore while on a bridging visa or without a visa at all)

Sir please reply ASAP because I am in too much stress and I do not trust immi anymore because they are taking too long to respond for 187 applicants. I want to secure my student visa.

thanks

Mavi

Well the delay in 187 does not necessarily mean a refusal .....

You need to weigh your options

1- If you don't apply for a student visa

2- If you apply for a student visa

#1 pros

Full time work rights

#1 cons

if 187 is refused, you can only go through the 187 review process OR leave Australia, can't apply for further visas aside from a limited set of visa subclasses

You can apply for a new student visa any time between now and 28 days from the day your current one ceases (if this is the first time you apply for a student visa onshore while on a bridging visa or without a visa at all)

Thanks sir for reply. Yes i would be applying for first time. I am very new in Australia. I have extended COE from my university. Actually I couldn't complete my study within time period for some reasons so University has issued new Coe for visa extension. Now I have decided I will wait until 24 days if I don't hear anything then I will apply for student visa extension. Because only God and immi know either I am getting my PR or not. I really don't want to put my study in any risk.

thank you so much for your time and advice,

Mavi

• 3 weeks later...

There is often confusion between the designated growth areas eligible for sc489 visa and the regional areas eligible for sc187 visa. For the 187 visa, generally all of Australia is eligible except the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne. All of WA, ACT and SA are considered eligible for the 187 visa.

There is often confusion between the designated growth areas eligible for sc489 visa and the regional areas eligible for sc187 visa. For the 187 visa, generally all of Australia is eligible except the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne. All of WA, ACT and SA are considered eligible for the 187 visa.

Oh thank you for your reply. So there is no list of areas on the website for Rsms , isn't? Only the general regional area knowledge for 187 visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thank you for your reply. So there is no list of areas on the website for Rsms , isn't? Only the general regional area knowledge for 187 visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the list

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016L00778

Apologies for the earlier comment, I didn't notice they had that mistake on the website.

Archived