bridging visa and tourist visa?

samemiki

Hello,

I have a question about bridging visa and tourist visa.

My parents are currently here on a tourist visa (600). This visa will still be valid for 2 more years, but every time they come here they can stay only for 3 months. Recently, I lodged a contributory aged parents visa (onshore) for them, and they got a bridging visa A. My questions are:

1. Considering they now have a bridging visa, can they stay here for more than 3 months? In other words, will the bridging visa A kicks in automatically after their 3 months stay is over even though their 600 visa is still valid?
  2. If they can and do stay here for more than 3 months on the bridging visa, will their 600 visa remains valid? Meaning, if they leave Australia and then would like to come back here before there's any results for their parents visa, can they still use their 600 visa? Or should they be applying for the bridging visa B before they leave?

Thanks so much.

Best,

Miki

Hello,

I have a question about bridging visa and tourist visa.

My parents are currently here on a tourist visa (600). This visa will still be valid for 2 more years, but every time they come here they can stay only for 3 months. Recently, I lodged a contributory aged parents visa (onshore) for them, and they got a bridging visa A. My questions are:

1. Considering they now have a bridging visa, can they stay here for more than 3 months? In other words, will the bridging visa A kicks in automatically after their 3 months stay is over even though their 600 visa is still valid?

2. If they can and do stay here for more than 3 months on the bridging visa, will their 600 visa remains valid? Meaning, if they leave Australia and then would like to come back here before there's any results for their parents visa, can they still use their 600 visa? Or should they be applying for the bridging visa B before they leave?

Thanks so much.

Best,

Miki

ِAnswer was provided on the other duplicated thread