Permanent Residency - Currently on 457 Visa, no formal qualifications. Possible?

Louise Palmer

Hello! And apologies for the long post in advance!

(I've also posted in the agent bit, but also wanted to see if anyone has any experience of this and what the outcome was)

I'm from the UK but have been living and working as a Recruitment Consultant here in Sydney for 18 months.

My company sponsored me, my partner and our child on a 457 Visa however we are keen to get PR as soon as possible just for peace of mind.

I understand that I only have to wait another 6 months or so until my company may sponsor me - however, I have recently found out that I'm pregnant (my work do not know this), plus my company have recently refused to sponsor long time employees until they reach 3 years service as people have left as soon as th they got their PR (which they lodged after 2 years service).

My question is that will I be able to get PR without formal qualifications? The Info under Recruitment Consultant on Vetassess says I need a Bachelor Degree -I do not have this but have reference letters from all of my jobs in recruitment that span the 11.5 years I have worked in the industry

I am in the process of choosing between an Advanced Diploma in Business OR a Diploma in Human Resource Management through RPL - Any thoughts on which would be looked on more favorably would be great too.

My De Facto Partner is also a Tradie with nearly 9 years experience (also with no formal qualifications) and he is also looking at getting his experience recognized by RPL. Hopefully this will also help in our application!

So will the RPL (in either Business or HR) plus my years of experience, plus the fact I have worked in Australia for the past 18 months be enough for a successful assessment?

For a positive skills assessment you usually need qualifications and then experience.

However if you are going to plan going through the transition stream (after being sponsored for 2 years in the nominated role), then you don't need a skills assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for your response!

So if I were to either get my current company to sponsor me for PR now (or have another employer sponsor me) would that make a difference - will I still need that Bachelor Degree?

I was told by someone today that my experience and also the RPL Advance Diploma in Business would be enough if I went through ENS... Is that true? Also will I have to be working for that Employer for the next 2 years?

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

See Transition Stream.

"worked for two years in the same position your employer nominated you for while you held your subclass 457 visa as the primary visa holder, your employer has nominated you for a permanent position under this stream, and the nomination has been approved.

Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Suzukiscottie