I am H**ked off

Guest Holyman

Guest Holyman

See - no need to swear!!

Show me the person who doesn't want to migrate!

Will everybody stop slagging off Oz!

Me and the family are very excited - we have friend there but no-one else. A thought we have taken into consideration. Only one grand parent there - not mine - will not be missed! and we have to go - because it is what we want as a family!

This is never a simple decision. We discust it 5 years earlier, but I said no because of his MUM. Both my parents were dead.

It is right for us...

Thanks

HI,

Yes I missed that one too have you been talking to someone who isn't having a good time it is not all fun and games, but you take each day as it comes. We are in the same position as you Didn't know anyone have a friend here, and both my parents aren't alive anymore unfortunately.My husbands Mum is alive though and hopefully coming over to see us next year. Where are you hoping to go to and when Have you got family,just go for it hope you get on ok Frances.

Guest Holyman

:oops:

Sorry guys - even I didn't understand it when I woke up this morning.

I am gonna wipe the slate clean and start again...!

Hello everyone - how are you all doing!! :D

I am looking to getting to know you all and hope you don't mind if I tap on your wealth of knowledge now and again. I'm not a bad person really as hopefully you will find out.

Speak to you all soon (hiding head in shame and not sure whether to look out) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Carol

Hi Carol,

Now I'm a bit confused :roll: Is it Carol male or Carol female, only with a name like Holyman I'm not quite sure.

Koala (definitely female) :D

Guest mr_nastey

holyman,

Just so you know that there are other people in the same boat:

Neither myself nor my wife have any family in Oz, we have no friends in Oz and we have never been to Oz and don't even really spend that much time researching Oz.

But, ever since I was young (yes, even before Neighbours and Home and Away - Not that I am old though :!: ) I been convinced that Australia is the place I want to live.

After I have made my 'voluntary' investment in Oz, I will have spent around £45000 in the process of getting myself and my family there (obviously I will Get most of that back).

I have a 50/50 split of friends here; those who say I am mad and have a go at Aus and those who say just do it.

My view is, if I don't like it I will come back, but you only live once (unless you're James Bond (topical!) or a cat)

So H**K the doubters, H**k em all; and have faith.

Regards

Steve.

Guest bshootz

:lol: :shock: We are the same, havent any family in Aus, never been before and its only been the last 2 months we have been researching it, but we know Aus is where its at :!: :D for us, its the climate,way off life ,adventure,dont want to grow old and look back and wish we had done it and i know Aus has its problems as well but this country is sinking fast :( dont want to be here when it goes any further under :!: Everyone we have told is really excited for us,havent had any bad vibes....yet, stuff um if they want to be negative....only jelous,boring farts :!: :!:

Guess that told um :shock: :?

Beckyx.

Guest Holyman

I'm definately a woman and where the OH got the name Holyman from - god only knows.

Can't see the point in changing it now and it gives me an air of mystery - don't you think (or am I deluding myself)!

Carol

Guest The Haydocks

It is very reassuring to know that there are other people in the same boat as us.

We are moving over to Sydeny in Feb (all being well). Although I have a job sorted and my visa is sponsored we have never been to Australia. We don't have any friends or relatives over there.

But we just feel that despite this, Australia is the best place to bring up our 6 month old daughter and is somewhere we both have always wanted to move to (plus the UK is going downhill rapidly). Sometimes I think it is madness to give up our house, good jobs and friends to move to a place we haven't even visited but most of the time it just feels like the right thing to do.

We probably haven't done enough research but we will just go with the flow. The excitement is starting to build. We would appreciate any advice from people who have made the move or are planning the move.

Bring on the sunshine :D:D:D

The Haydocks

Guest Holyman

How fantastic!

Just have a christmas to remember here and look forward to a wonderful life in Oz from February onwards...

Remember to keep posting after you get there. I am sure there are loads of things we all forget/don't think to do and any useful tips would be gratefully appreciated - also we just like to hear how people are getting on.

Best wishes

Carol

Archived