Quote for cleaning our vehicle

As expected Australian quarantine has said our vehicle needs to be cleaned ( last car we brought in had to be done twice according to quarantine they were not happy with the steam clean etc the first time )

However we have been quoted $770 plus GST but I feel that's high ?

Has any one else experienced this as being so costly ?

The cleaning will range from $600+gst to one I've seen at nearly $900+gst. The basic costs are for transport of the vehicle by flatbed tow truck from the quarantine storage to the cleaning place and then back again. This is between $150 to $220 each way. I'd ask for a negotiated breakdown of the cost or get the vehicle inspected at the quarantine cleaning place. The cleaning cost is then the rest with some extra for the freight company to organize it all (I'd think $200 for the cleaning and an extra $100+ for the freight company).

I have agreed to pay the costs as really its a rock and a hard place and we would like the car ASAP

However I am unhappy that the shipping company say they can not give me an itemised bill !!!!!

The guy I am dealing with is not very forthcoming on anything

We have much going on at the minute that we want to finalise things hence the decision to pay the bill

Once its done I will be contacting the shipping company again with some comments !!

Archived