Accountant - Options to Move

paulh565

Hello Everyone.

I was hoping on some insight on options my sister in-law could try in order to move to Australia.

Me and my wife would like to move as we have recently be granted a PR but i know that if my sister in-law is left back in the UK it would be difficult for my wife to relax and enjoy our new life.

She has the following qualifications but now work experience in this field.

• Qualified of Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
  • Business Management Level 6 in Bachelor Degree
  • HND International Finance level 5

Without work experience i think this is not possible for this profession but i am happy to be wrong.

Any recommendations agencies that might be able to help or routes that she can take, possible retraining to a different profession, or is there a business option to start up to get a visa.

Thanks

Good news and bad news.

The good is that accounting is one of the few occupations that doesn't (currently) require any post qualification experience in order to get a positive skills assessment. Though, whether she could get enough points without any for experience is another matter.

The bad is that, as I read this, it doesn't look like she is a fully qualified accountant. If not, then no, she wouldn't be eligible. But, if she can claim to be a fully qualified accountant, then yes.

Good news and bad news.

The good is that accounting is one of the few occupations that doesn't (currently) require any post qualification experience in order to get a positive skills assessment. Though, whether she could get enough points without any for experience is another matter.

The bad is that, as I read this, it doesn't look like she is a fully qualified accountant. If not, then no, she wouldn't be eligible. But, if she can claim to be a fully qualified accountant, then yes.

Part qualified means nothing to immigration, you either have passed fully or not. 11 papers out of 12 is still part, same as 3 papers out of 12 is part.

Fully Qualified involves experience + degree

Maintenance of Full Qualification requires cpd continual professional development

Real issue is ability for her to get work, without it she has slight advantage as it will be easier for her to start at bottom and gain entry level position.

Archived